AtlanticOER is a service that supports the hosting and creation of open educational resources by educators and students in the Atlantic provinces of Newfoundland and Labrador, New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, and Prince Edward Island.
Funded by the Council of Atlantic University Libraries (CAUL-CBUA), AtlanticOER began as an Open Textbooks Survey working group in 2017-18. In 2018-19, an Open Textbooks Roadmap working group was formed, and this work was continued in 2020-21 by the OER Repository Implementation Working Group. Finally, 2021 saw the creation of the CAUL-CBUA OER Committee.
The AtlanticOER service was officially launched on February 9th, 2021.
- Ann Smith, Chair (Acadia University)
- Catherine Arseneau, Board Liaison (Cape Breton University)
- Geoffrey Brown (Dalhousie University)
- Daniel Cockcroft (CAUL-CBUA)
- Samantha Daniels (OER Metadata Expert)
- Benjamin Fairhurst (StudentsNS/St. Francis Xavier University)
- Jasmine Hoover (Cape Breton University)
- Lydia Houck (StudentsNS)
- Patricia Langille (Saint Mary’s University)
- Jason Loxton (Cape Breton University)
- Lynn MacGregor (Nova Scotia Community College)
- Kim Mears (University of Prince Edward Island)
- Mike Nason (University of New Brunswick)